Kratz's list of legal accomplishments include: chairman, board of advisers at UNL Law School; winner of Thomas Stinson Allen Moot Court Award, UNL School of Law; former assistant attorney general, served for 24 years; appointed by four different governors as judge and chief judge on the court of Industrial Relations; president, Nebraska State Bar Foundation; fellow, Nebraska State Bar Foundation; and member, executive counsel, Nebraska State Bar Association. Currently, he is listed in Great Plains Super lawyers and has been included in Best Lawyers in America since its inception more than 30 years ago. He obtained his J.D., with honors, from the University of Nebraska College of Law in 1949 and earned his B.S. from the University of Nebraska-Lincoln in 1946. Kratz has authored and published three books. He has tried a dozen cases before the Nebraska Supreme court, including cases for Kiewit Construction Co., Hawkins Construction Co. and Kearney State College (he represented Kearney College before the Nebraska Supreme Court in its successful attempt to become a part of the University of Nebraska system).
- McGrath North attorney Dean Kratz received the Foundation Award at the Nebraska State Bar Foundation's Annual Fellows Dinner held March 1, 2014 in Omaha.
- The Foundation Award honors exemplary service to the foundation and is presented to those lawyers who have made and who continue to make a strong commitment to the goals of the foundation. It is the most prestigious award given by the Nebraska State Bar Foundation with only 16 other Nebraska attorneys earning this distinction.
- A senior partner of McGrath North, Kratz has practiced law for more than 60 years. During this time, he has concentrated his practice on labor disputes, collective bargaining agreements, OSHA complaints, EEOC complaints and other employment matters.
- "Dean is one of the highest regarded labor and employment attorneys in the area," said Roger Wells, president of McGrath North. "His selection as a Foundation Award recipient is a direct reflection of his leadership within the legal profession and in the community."
Founded in 1959, McGrath North is an Omaha-based law firm that has grown into one of Nebraska's largest law firms. The firm offers a broad range of expertise, serving a large client base including Fortune 500 companies, small and medium-sized businesses, individuals and entrepreneurs from virtually every industry.
Robb Pantano Chad Rutar
Steve Kontz Ryan Miller
- The Renaissance Financial Advisors enthusiasm for their career and master of their trade is apparent as they have been awarded for their tremendous work in the industry in 2013.
- Robb Pantano was presented with the 2013 Tom Hercules Award for displaying integrity, generosity, leadership and commitment both personally and professionally. With Securian Financial Services he once again achieved the high honor of qualifying for Chairman's Club. In addition, Chad Rutar was honored with the 2013 Columbus Award for his genuine interest and commitment to the growth of the company. He also achieved Securian's President's Club for his dedication to his clients. Furthermore, Steve Kontz, along with Pantano and Rutar, once again achieved Platinum Advisor status with the firm. Ryan Miller earned the 2013 Gold New Advisor of the Year Award. Miller was also honored with the prestigious Excellence in Performance Award.
- Securities and Investment Advisory Services offered through Securian Financial Services Inc. Member FINRA/SIPC. 15858 West Dodge Road, Suite 200, Omaha, NE 68118. Renaissance Financial is independently owned and operated. 883691 DOFU 03/2014
The Pro-Tech Service Certification recognizes a commitment to customer service and satisfaction and is exclusive to the office technology industry. Its recipients are a small and elite group."We provide ongoing comprehensive training for our service technicians," explained SolutionOne President John Kuchta. "This leads to an unsurpassed level of expertise and responsiveness, which is the cornerstone of customer satisfaction."
- In recognition of their exceptional service, the 2014 Konica Minolta National Pro-Tech Service Certification has been presented to SolutionOne's service team under the leadership of Cody Webster. James Ingrassia, vice president of Konica Minolta, said, "Providing excellent service has become increasingly important in our industry, and SolutionOne is committed to assuring the highest performance standards."
- Konica Minolta sets very high standards and qualifications to obtain the Pro-Tech certification. The highest level of customer service is measured through local customer satisfaction surveys, service calls, installation procedures, and follow-up technician reports. A minimum number of technicians must be trained and certified on each Konica Minolta model. Continuing education and certifications must be completed by all technicians. Lastly, the service management team must manage and maintain the best service response in the industry.
SolutionOne provides customized solutions for the network IT equipment and services managed, multifunction print devices, and document management technology needs of business. SolutionOne focuses on ethical business practices that include customers, employees, and the community they serve. They are motivated by a 75-year commitment to present the best possible customer experience and deliver world class service with knowledge and expertise.
CBSHOME Real Estate
Gehrki received his real estate license in 1987. He is a graduate of Leadership Omaha Class 33, a program that studies community issues and develops effective local leaders. He previously served as the 2012 State Association President for the Nebraska Realtors Association. He was the 2009 Omaha Area Board of Realtors President and was the 2008 Omaha Area Board of Realtors Realtor of the Year.
- CBSHOME Real Estate would like to congratulate Joe Gehrki, sales manager of the 159 Dodge Street Office, on his recent recognition as the Nebraska REALTORS Association REALTOR of the Year. This award is given to someone for his or her activities within the real estate community at the national, state and local board levels and for the professionalism that they have shown.
CBSHOME Real Estate, an affiliate of HomeServices of America, is the region's leader in residential real estate with four sales offices throughout the Omaha Metro area. HomeServices of America, a Berkshire Hathaway affiliate, is the second largest full--service residential real estate brokerage firm and the largest settlement services provider in the United States.
The Strawhecker Group
- Pictured l to r: Kim Fitzsimmons (president of the ETA Board of Directors and board of director adviser, Cynergy Data), Jason Oxman (CEO of ETA) and Mike Strawhecker.
- The Electronic Transactions Association (ETA), the global trade association representing the payments technology industry, has named Mike Strawhecker as its 2014 "Member of the Year." Strawhecker is vice president and director of metrics at The Strawhecker Group (TSG), a management consulting firm based in Omaha that provides services to companies in the electronic payments industry.
- Strawhecker received this award as a result of his actions and achievements that greatly contributed to the overall success of the association and its more than 500 global member-companies during the past year. He was announced as winner and presented the award at the President's Dinner & Star Award Gala presented by Visa in Las Vegas on April 9 during ETA's TRANSACT conference, the world's largest payments industry event.
- At 32 years old, Strawhecker is the youngest recipient to ever win the award, joining his father, Kurt, who also won ETA's "Member of the Year" in 2009. They are the first father and son recipients of this prestigious honor. Kurt is the founder and managing partner of TSG.
- Since he started working for TSG in 2006, Strawhecker has been a strong supporter of the ETA and its mission, which includes his current position as chairman of ETA's Communications Committee and his hundreds of hours of service to the organization. Strawhecker's interest and involvement in the industry's key trade association is driven by his longtime interest in politics, which included an internship in Congressman Lee Terry's Washington, D.C., office in 2001, as well as his extensive exposure to various players within the payments value chain while at TSG.
- At TSG, Strawhecker plays a significant role in many different areas of the company, including managing its research and metrics division and its database of over two million merchants, overseeing the TSG headquarter staff, as well as assisting with sales and execution of the firm's more than 150 client engagements each year.
- An Omaha native and proud graduate of Skutt Catholic High School and Bellevue University, Strawhecker resides here with his wife, Becca, a customer service representative at First National Bank of Omaha. He is a rabid Nebraska football fan and an avid scuba diver and traveler.
- TSG is a management consulting company focused on the global electronic payments industry. The company specializes in providing financial institutions, merchant acquirers, card associations, ISOs, processing companies, large merchants, and the investment community with advisory services to maximize their growth and profitability. TSG is also a resource of payments research, benchmark studies and developing trends.
Anshu S.K. Pasricha
Singapore, and Vietnam), and Latin America (including Brazil and Chile). Pasricha also advises on business development strategy involving emerging markets by way of joint ventures and licensing trans-actions, engaging hostile joint venture partners in extra-contractual negotiations, FCPA due diligence in the context of M&A and joint venture transactions, and internal investigations involving FCPA breach allegations.
- Koley Jessen law firm has hired Anshu S.K. Pasricha as a senior associate of the firm. Pasricha is practicing with Koley Jessen's M&A/ Securities and Business/General Counsel Practice Groups. He is also a member of the firm's International Services Team.
- Pasricha has counseled strategic corporate clients as well as private equity sponsors in domestic and international mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures, divestitures, and in general corporate matters. Pasricha has executed transactions in excess of $37 billion in a wide variety of industries including general industrials, oil and gas, power utilities, software and information technology, agri-tech, telecom, and real estate. He has also advised clients in connection with making, restructuring, and exiting their investments in Australia, the Middle East (including UAE and Saudi Arabia), Southeast Asia (including China, India,
Prior to joining Koley Jessen, Pasricha was an associate with Sullivan & Cromwell LLP in New York and Australia, and with White & Case LLP in New York. During law school, Pasricha served as a judicial intern to Judge Donald C. Pogue of the United States Court of International Trade in New York.
Koley Jessen P.C., LLO is a full-service law firm based in Omaha. Koley Jessen's 61 attorneys represent a diverse group of business and individual clients in more than twenty areas of practice, including mergers and acquisitions, securities, banking, finance, tax, real estate, environmental, health care, employment and labor relations, employee benefits, intellectual property, emerging business, education law, estate and business succession planning, and litigation.
Mutual of Omaha Bank
Based out of the bank's headquarters at 3333 Farnam St. in Omaha, Connealy is responsible for leading the strategic growth and management of the bank's non-traditional sales channels for mortgage lending.
- Terry Connealy has been named senior vice president of national mortgage development for Mutual of Omaha Bank.
Connealy has more than 15 years of experience, most recently serving as regional sales manager for a large banking organization, overseeing all aspects of the mortgage sales and processing operation for a three state region in the Midwest. Connealy earned his bachelor's degree from the University of Nebraska-Lincoln.
Affirmative Dispute Resolution
Kathleen (Fitzgerald) Folkerts
Folkerts is available to assist with resolving a variety of disputes, including business, community, and intense family law matters including the mediation of parenting plans. She is also available to assist businesses and non-profit organizations with conflict coaching.
- Affirmative Dispute Resolution is pleased to add Kathleen (Fitzgerald) Folkerts to its ADR neutral roster to assist with conflict coaching and mediation in Nebraska. Folkerts is a conflict specialist with formal training in resolving disputes, having studied negotiation and dispute resolution at the Werner Institute at Creighton University.
Affirmative Dispute Resolution provides parties in conflict with third-party neutrals who offer private ADR services including mediation, arbitration, case evaluation, and settlement conferences.