LINCOLN -- The University of Nebraska-Lincoln speech and debate team is the Big Ten champion for the third year in a row.
UNL won the competition last weekend at Northwestern University in Evanston, Ill. UNL led the field with a two-day total of 293 points, ahead of Northwestern (163 points) and Illinois (52 points).
UNL students winning individual championships were:
• Josh Planos of Omaha in informative speaking and program oral interpretation
• Grace Kluck of Lincoln in poetry interpretation
• Amanda Stoffel of Raymond in prose interpretation
• Reece Ristau of Omaha in persuasive speaking
• Daniel Wheaton of Cozad in extemporaneous speaking
• Grace Solem-Pfeifer of Omaha in impromptu speaking and communication analysis