The weekend brings another chance of rain – possibly during Saturday's Husker game, but more likely on Sunday, when about 10,000 people are expected to participate in the Omaha Corporate Cup.
Runners take note: The Corporate Cup will go on rain or shine.
Josh Boustead, a meteorologist for the National Weather Service, said there's a slight chance for rain Saturday before and during the game. It wouldn't hurt, he said, to bring some rain gear, but fans could very well dodge any weather issues. Skies are likely to be cloudy. Temperatures at the start of the game are expected to be in mid-60s and then rise to the mid-70s by game's end, he said.
Conditions are likely to change overnight, though. Boustead said the chance for rain and storms picks up after midnight.
A storm front could move through Omaha at about 6 a.m. or 7 a.m., meaning there's a good chance that Omaha Corporate Cup participants will see rain, he said.
The National Weather Service pegs the Saturday night odds of rain at 60 percent and Sunday odds at 40 percent. Rain chances linger into next week.
Lisa Sypal of the American Lung Association said the Corporate Cup will be held rain or shine. If lightning is a problem, the race will be delayed, she said.
The 10K run begins at 8 a.m at Aksarben Village, and any weather-related announcements will be made on site, beginning at 6:30 a.m.
Boustead, a runner, said Corporate Cup participants can expect a humid morning. With temperatures forecast to be in the 60s, any rain might feel cool, but not bone-chilling, he said.
Sunday's rain is likely to come in the form of light or steady showers, with only a few scattered storm cells.
Rainfall amounts are forecast in the 1/3- to 1/2-inch range, while areas directly under thunderstorms will see higher totals.