* * * * * * * * * *
Brad's morning edition. Check back this afternoon for more jokes from Brad.
* The first NFL game of the season was delayed 33 minutes due to a lightning storm in Denver. Everyone was pretty anxious until the PA announcer reminded the crowd the odds of any one person being struck by lightning are equal to the New York Jets winning the Super Bowl.
* Ryan Seacrest participated in pregame ceremonies. I'm reasonably sure a higher power looked down and said, “What's Ryan Seacrest doing on the field?” Then came the lightning.
* The Husker football team is expected to play several true freshmen on Saturday. The Bob Devaney statue was seen holding its hands over its eyes.
* Nebraska plays Southern Mississippi on Saturday night -- a group that, for my money, was one of the better 0-12 teams in the country last year.
* Lincoln is truly the most hospitable place in the country for visiting fans. To welcome Southern Mississippi fans, Misty's restaurant has switched from prime rib to grits.
* According to a new report, the professions where you're most likely to hate your co-workers are maintenance, food preparation and Omaha city office. OK, I made up the last one.
* President Obama has been overseas the past few days. Of course, in Obama's absence, the country is being run by Oprah and George Clooney.
* The U.S. Congress will vote on how to proceed in regards to Syria. If it was left up to the current Congress, we'd still be debating whether to intervene in the Korean War.
* You know how President Obama loves show business. Now, he's come under fire for bringing the new cast of “Dancing with the Stars” to the G-20 summit in Russia as part of a promotion.
* President Obama attended the G-20 summit. It was just nice to see Obama meeting with 19 world leaders instead of the normal 19 celebrities.
* Because the G-20 summit is in Russia, there was an awkward incident during the group photo when four of the world leaders were imprisoned for standing too close to the guy next to them.
* According to a report, your Facebook friends could help determine your credit score. No word if this means credit bureaus will stop the traditional means of determining one's credit score: based on your favorite color and how many letters in your mother's maiden name.
* In Lancaster, Pa., Clownfest 2013 wrapped at the end of August. Clowns from all over the United States gathered in one place. We'll have a similar thing in Washington, D.C., when the current U.S. Congress reconvenes.
* Clownfest 2013 drew something like 400 attendees. They all climbed out of one car.
* Clownfest 2013 isn't all fun and games. This is where the U.S. judicial system finds its jurors for the coming year.